Stop waiting for permission.

 

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.” - Ayn Rand


Have you ever stopped yourself from doing something because you didn't feel like you had permission?

And let's be clear I'm not talking about patient orders.

I mean permission to do things like:

- applying for the charge nurse job, even if no one suggested you to.
- to become a nurse coach and reach out to collaborate with a local organization.
- to open a clinic in a rural, underserved community.
- create a patient concierges service, even though you have no idea where to start.
- to leave a job even if you don't have another one lined up.
- etc.

If you are waiting for permission to do something you really want to do, today I invite you to stop looking to others to give you permission and instead start giving YOURSELF permission.

Why?

Because at the end of the day, you are the only one stopping yourself for doing something amazing.

If you are thinking something like, "But Mary I have no control, I don't know where to start, and cannot change anything."

If you are thinking anything a long those lines, STOP THAT NOISE.

Florence Nightingale, our stubborn, opinionated, and blunt mother of modern nursing, didn't get blessed with the task of improving hospitals and nursing. 

She fought for her dreams, even thought she didn't have it all figured out. 

And thanks to her tenacity, she not only saved thousands of lives, and she has influenced modern hospitals even today.

And if you are thinking, Mary, how can I give myself permission when I don't even know what I want to do?

Here is my advice for you:

Pick a direction that sounds like something you would enjoy and give yourself permission to be all in on making it happen. 

Because even if it doesn't turn out to be where you want to be, you will have moved closer to figuring out where you want to. 

I believe in you and your possibilities, 

Mary B.

P.S. If you are ready to give yourself permission to go all in on yourself, you have got to join the Unbreakable Nurse Society. This intensive is designed to help you get in control of your burnout so you can finally move forward in your nursing career whether it's getting the position you have been dreaming about for years, breaking free from bedside, or starting your own nursing business. 

Currently accepting clients to start November 10th, sign up to get started today.

Recent Client Testimonial: 
 "You not only changed my business, you changed my life. Everything has changed for the better."


Comments