The #1 thing holding you back in your career.

 


Many of my clients are nurses who are brilliant, talented, and have a TON of experience to bring to the table.


But they get overlooked or stuck in dead in jobs where they can't seem to get to the next level. 


They ask themselves things like What's wrong with me? Why are less experienced nurses moving ahead, and I'm just stuck here?


They think the problem is this degree, that certification, or something wrong with their program.


But these things are not the real problem holding them back. 


The #1 thing that holds back nurses the MOST is that they won't put themselves out there and ask for a chance.


Instead, they sit on the sidelines, hoping someone will pick them and ask advice from people who are stuck just like them.


So they wait for their turn while watching other people seem to magically move ahead of them. 


Because I can promise you, your career will not grow waiting on the sidelines and playing it "safe."


I know this because I was that nurse waiting and pretending it was okay while complaining to my friends over drinks. Yet, at the same time, I wanted desperately to move away from direct patient care into something else. 


It wasn't until I stopped waiting and started asking for the things I wanted that my nursing career took off. 


If you want someone to take a chance on you, you must be willing to put yourself out there and ask.


If you are like many of the nurses I coach, asking for the things you want and asking for help can feel like a terrifying thing.


You may be worried someone will say you are not good enough for the things you want.


But let's be honest, right now, you are already living in a space where YOU think you are not good enough. 


It's time to stop sitting on the sideline and start asking for the things YOU want and believe YOU can have them.


Amazing things don't tend to happen in comfort zones, and they definitely don't occur on the sidelines. 


Be willing to be uncomfortable, take a chance on yourself, and start asking for the things you want in your career.


Because even if you are not ready to believe it for yourself, I believe you deserve it. You deserve to move forward in your career and to know you are good enough to achieve any and every goal you have for your career.


And if you want someone in your corner helping you make it happen, I am here to help you every step of the way.

I believe in you and possibilities,

Mary B.

P.S. Struggling in your nursing career and feeling like you cannot get ahead? I can help. 


Over the past two years, I have helped dozens of nurses leave jobs that burnt them out. As a result, they become self-empowered, create their own career strategy, and develop career resiliency. If you are ready to get started, click here to set up a consult.


I look forward to helping you reach your career goals!








Comments