Baby steps to get out of burnout

 


Music is a major way I express myself.

I am one of those people who has songs and playlists for every mood and occasion.

For example, I have a mix called the Angry Bitch mix for PMS days, break-ups, intense workouts, and bad days at work. 

And you are probably wondering what does this have to do with burnout?

Well, I was going through my music the other day and a song stuck out at me by the Weepies called "Can't Go Back Now."

Mostly because it has one of my all time favorite lyrics:

 "I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else. Because in the end the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself."

There is one thing that most burnout nurses have in common. 

They dream of being somewhere else BUT have no idea how to get there. 

It feels completely unreachable and safer or easier just to stay where they are.

They are stuck.

Friend, burnout does not get better on it's own.

It requires steps that are often scary mostly because there is no guarantee and the outcome is unknown.

But these baby steps matter.

Because they require a decision and trust in yourself that you will be alright.

Or even have better than before. 

Today I want to challenge you to take a baby step for yourself to begin moving out of burnout.

And I don't mean doing more yoga, taking a bubble bath, or binging on Virgin River. 

I mean taking a deep look at what is missing for you right now and what you actually want out of your career and life.

Are you wanting to move back home to be closer to family?

Are you wanting to go into another area of nursing?

Are you wanting to become a nurse entrepreneur?

Whatever comes up for you, I want you to allow yourself to dream about making it happen and do one baby step action that will get you closer to it today. 

And keep taking baby steps until you get there.

I believe in you and your possibilities,

Mary B.

P.S. 

If one of your goals is to leave bedside nursing, I have got the program for you. It is an 8 week course starting January 6th where I will teach out you everything you need to know about finding and getting a new job. Click here to sign up and share with other nurses who are looking for what's next after bedside.






Comments